The ZEN CAN has trickle-down Class A discrete balanced circuitry from iFi audio’s flagship Pro iCAN. With 15.1v @300 Ohms on tap, it has serious power that will make even difficult-to-drive headphones thump to the beat.
- Class A discrete output buffer from the flagship Pro iCAN using Op-Amp (OV2637A)
- FET input avoids loading volume control – low distortion/noise
- SE inputs (1M Ohm) ensures loading of the source so always in Class A operation
- Output amplifier gain of four steps in +6dB perfect for headphone matching
- Choose to engage the 3D special sound circuit which improves the stereo image so that it is truly out of your head, in front with height, width & depth. It does this without colouration or loss of resolution via an all analogue circuitry (i.e. without costly and complex digital signal manipulation).
- Also you can choose to engage XBass, which is a much more elegant solution to bass correction than seen elsewhere. It consists of active and passive components and its frequency response curve corrects low-end response problems with precision.